Friday, May 16, 2008

Into "Social University"

So tired, a working life can be... Everyday waking up at 7.15 am and sleep before midnight every night. It has been two weeks since it had started...

My office is a “Social University”, as said by my very capable clerks in the office. These two still “pretty” aunties have been working for long time at the office. One has worked for 24 years and another has 16 years under her belt. Wow, I am 24 this year, the aunty started same year as I was born? Hmm... I am pretty impressed, very much indeed... Others colleagues too have been working for long time, 15 years, 8 years, 6 years respectively for those involved in the M & E engineering field. Considered this experiences, they will be a very much sought after assets. My colleagues have been pretty close, considering the ties that built over the years. During my 2 weeks there, they have been cracking jokes, although at first they seemed to be not letting it all out, as said by one of them, it might scare me off, then I would not be coming to work the next day. They even teased among themselves, of course in a lighter manner. But nobody took it to heart, so it was great. Today it was more fun, cracking all type of jokes, including some not so yellow jokes. Our trainee (my university junior), even laughed until he complained of stomach pain. I couldn’t help myself too, it was so funny. But soon, two of them will be leaving us, and the trainee will also be leaving us, it will not be that much of fun, I think... My office is considered small; it only has about 11 people working. It will further be reduced to 8 people when July comes. Hopefully it will have some new people joining it, as this will definitely help to ease some burden.

Why it is said to be a “Social University”? “It teaches us all those things that we couldn’t learn, even from university”, proudly said by them. The trainee, who has been with them even before the training period, was said by them to be a “white cloth”, now it has been “tainted”. He will leave in July to continue study, don’t know whether he will join the office after he graduated, but he seems to like the job. So, been in a “Social University” means learning all those things not yet and cannot be learned in University. It included many things, apart from some technical knowledge. Now the two newbies, including me are the “white cloth”, which will be “tainted” really soon.

Yesterday, one of the clerks said: “Learn from other people’s mistake, it is for your gain.” Wow, I like that phrase she said very much. Today I also heard my boss saying it, so I will always remember it. They said so because now since I am a newbie, I have to continue what others had let off. They jokingly said those “shit”, I have to clean it since I will take over the job from them. I know what they meant, and thinking that this is the chance for me to learn from the “Social University”. Later, I will not be able to learn from other people’s mistake, I will be on my own, but I still can learn from my own mistake, so I have to take the chance now, or never...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

加油啦!!^*^

koayhs said...

Thx ya! (^@^)

加油,加油 (^_^)!

lv ya!