Saturday, November 22, 2008

Workaholic

NOW, it’s has been 7 months since I stepped into the world of workaholics (People who goes to work everyday). So... Am I a workaholic? I wanted to be one, wanted to work my way up the corporate ladder. That was my thinking before I got myself into this world, which is different from what I used to perceive in my mind while I was in my study years.

How to be considered as a workaholic? Am I gonna work myself to death and be considered as one? Or am I satisfy with all the work I executed and in turn be considered as a successful person, if not a workaholic?

1. Workaholic = Successful?
2. Successful = Workaholic?

1st equation seems to be reasonable. If one person works day and night, focus his attention onto his work, which turns him into a workaholic. From a workaholic, he then should be able to cope within his job scope and whatever the f*** his boss threw at him. He would be able to, at least settle it, no matter whatever the f*** he might have to sacrifice. Person, who gets things done (well...) well or not well, is considered successful... At least in a slightly tight scope of thinking, that particular person is capable of doing his job.

2nd equation, is it true? Nope! Successful person need not to be a workaholic, so this DAMN equation (1st equation) of being a workaholic is deemed to be waste of human efforts.

(Urm...)Sadly, my current working world does not have a ladder to climb (small office, short corporate hierarchy). But doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t advance and be successful in whatever jobs I do. Sometimes it’s hard to do whatever we do that hasn’t been done by ourselves before. As we go along, it might be getting easier or the other way around, probably because of a limit that we set to ourselves or that we have achieved our limit. Since there’s no limit to the limit of self satisfaction and fulfillment, so I probably assume sometimes that we set a limit to ourselves, giving excuses. Excuses are used to cover- up our shortcoming, our incapability, our tendency to procrastinate, so that we can save our face at the end of the day and assume that we have really done all we could.

Going back is not an option (which means I can’t go back), marching forward is not an option too (which means I can’t move forward?). In this case, I have no option (not going back and moving forward) but to keep my current state of, moving on...

The economy will be bad, won’t it? Anything we can do? Probably not... Anyway, just stay put to pull it through...

3 comments:

燕子的宣言 said...

halo, friend..work is like1 lo...after get the experience just can consider other lo..small company can learn a lot ma..hehe...gambateh la..

koayhs said...

;-) No choice for now...

燕子的宣言 said...

haha..just wait for the opportunity lo...haha...