Saturday, April 26, 2008

Am I Book Worm Or Not?

I just finished packing (phew, finally...). Can’t believe an academic year with only a couple of subjects will leave me with quite a stack of books. Some I have thrown away as I think probably I won’t be needing it. Calculating the collection of books over 4 years of study (some left at home), how come so many books around? I don’t have any memory of reading any of them. DAMN, so many books, am I considered as a book worm (a friend actually asked me that yesterday, hehe...)?

Can’t really think of much to write; just want to take some time off. I want to go home; tomorrow will be going to visit my grandma, who I didn’t spend much of time with her since I was studying. She loves me so much (Yeah...) and I love her that much too. I am her eldest grandchild. Although she has became a grand grandmother as my nephew gave birth to her two kids. She brought me up as my parents were working back then. I was so closed to her when I was young. She gave me much that I wanted, most importantly she always taught me to be a good person (Hmm... Not quite sure I have become one, may be the time isn’t now). She also used to tell me many stories; I like to hear those stories from her. She told me things about her when she was young, during the Japanese Occupation, about our family (Yeah, I know much than others in the family), story about Chinese culture and Chinese God’s stories (hehe, don’t know what to call those stories exactly). She is already 70 ++ years old and most of my uncles and aunts are busy with their works, so she is often alone at home during the day. She always says that luckily she has Astro installed, so that she would not be that bored. She likes to watch drama too. She is of Hakka ancestry (she taught me a few words, but I just couldn’t remember it, hehe...), but she speaks Hokkien and Cantonese (guess it was the dramas that she watched), besides Bahasa Malaysia. She doesn’t know how to speak fluent English but she always stressed the importance of it and she is right.

Just came back from lunch, will be playing a match of DOTA before sending my bike home. Later will come again to pick up my things (sigh), that many things to carry... Sometimes just want to throw them all away, together with all the bitter memories that I have acquired during these 4 years...

3 comments:

limchinten said...

yo...you're back!!!
dun worry u are a good person..
as far as i know keke

Anonymous said...

hehe....are u ?????
finally agree with me ?:P

koayhs said...

Ya ah, thanx for supporting me loh, u r better person than me la, hehe... Strawberry? Hehe, I am a worm living in a book worm body la... Thx for the comment ya, hehe...