Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's nearly coming to an end...

Here I am, standing in between studying life and working life. Sometimes it makes me to have a heavy heart to leave studying life, meaning there may be an end to it. But I think now my mind has already been saturated with all the theories, saturated until a point that I cannot even think with it. Theories some are from the high school days and some from current study but not even one from my primary school(Wondered have I been studying in the primary school, hehe…) but I think I had continued my primary school education…

Thinking way back to my high school days, studying was fun. I meant exploring the theories, the facts that were available at that time. Although I disliked the system that ran the high school, especially hated all the homework and the rules, simply just because I am lazy (or not?). I liked to know all the theories and facts just for my personal exploration, may be my mind needed some foods. But given me homework to do; the teachers would have expected mostly that they would not get the work done from me. Exams were fun as I could measure how my capabilities were at exploring the knowledge and just get a ranking as high as possible so that I would be able to have some “pride”.

Attendance in the high school was like a dark secret for me, I remembered every time the teacher would say to my parents who took my report card: “The results are ok, he got an A (B, C…) on which and which subject… Then, wow, your son even got a record for being the lowest attendee in the class… His attendance is a 90/200, or something like that”. Being a good parent of mine, my parents were speechless as the teacher would continue his/her advice. Come to think of it now, I feel a bit ashamed. I admit that my attendance was bad; I think it all started in Form 2, then went worst in Form 3, equally worse in Form 4 and 5, then just simply “nasty” in Pre- U class. Actually it had started in Primary 4, that time I was like obsessing with video games, then would always having a stomach “aches” at 7am, the time when I was supposedly going to school.

NOW I just want to say a sincere Thank You to my high school teachers(in case they found this writing, but I really want them to see this!) that were really wanted to help me, they always said that they saw me having the potentials to study, just that I had to change my attitude. Although many of them threatened to kick me out of high school for being the “Student of the Year- Absentee” for like, 3 years in a row, they never did it (Yeah!). If not, at least now I will not be able to continue studying until today… Thank you Mr. Teh (chemistry teacher), Mr. Tan (Chinese language teacher) and many more who I can’t remember their names (my saturated mind).

Coming back to a more up to date situation, I just don’t know how to describe the education at tertiary level in this country. I don’t know whether other tertiary education institutions here are using the same ways to teach its students or not. It's just seems like not being the way that I wanted and surprisingly not even what I have expected. Practically wise, I am that "noob", simply to say with a word. But I continued…

After 4 years, after so many courses, after so many exams, after so many results, I have gained only recognition for spending 4 years at a place that offers so many courses, conducting so many exams and producing so many results. Sometimes it really does not make any sense, fighting hard to get into a place where you can relax? But anyway, I continued…

But life is not permitting us to have a choice, not even in a world where there lie many opportunities. I don’t know what I would become after this, but all I can say for now is that I want to try my best, just not to be like what I used to be before, when I have not fully done what I could have done.

Hopefully too, some times in the future, I will be able to be back in the wonderful life of studying, again will be able to continue what I will be letting off in the near future.





 

2 comments:

chongchuongleong said...

hha..i used to skip classes also..i nt pretending tat i m stomach aches or head not feeling gd..
i jus told my mom tat "today teacher gt meeting..no point go study..i wan study at home..school too many temptation.."
my mom will say"o..u like lo.."
at home..i slep til 10 am...haha..then my mom ll regret of letting me stay at home..
haha..
when i love most of the time..
it is jus simply becoz i wan to meet someone everyday..
haha...tat was the best time tat i ever found when goin to school..
in uni..i also like to skip classes..
cos i dunno wat the hell the lecturer talkin about..
this make me fail to catch up their syllabus
if there is a time machine..
sure everything ll be changed...jus if..
hah..
nice to know u guy also..
keep it up..
u r the 2nd best while i m the best..
haha

koayhs said...

Haha, it's nice to hear from you dude... Wow, your excuse seems to be good and practically applicable, I am regretting now for not knowing you earlier, haha...

Yup, I totally agree that the time was most fun when we used to go to school for all the reasons BUT studying...

However, in Uni, I already "put down the sword and instantly became a god" since 2nd year for the sake of my grade, but sometimes still skipped due to "unforeseen" circumstances, haha...

Hey, we can find sometime to work on the "time" machine too, may be it will transfer us back in time so that we can, AT LEAST change the attendance, haha...

Wow, this "u r the 2nd best while I m the best", I really like it, when I'm saying it, haha...